FORMULATION OF PARENTS-TEACHERS ASSOCIATION
1. Parents are the first and continuing educators of their children and without their active involvement no education system can be successful. The importance of productive partnership between students, parents and management maximizes student’s engagement and their academic achievements. Realizing the significance of parental involvement in children’s education a need has been felt for expanding the value of partnership with schools and parents. Consequently, A parent Teacher Association (PTA) has been formulated in Bahria College Islamabad
2. The objectives of PTA are:-
a. To bridge the gap between parents and the college.
b. To promote a positive rapport amongst parents, teachers and college administration.
c. To exchange point of views between parents and teachers and involve them in holistic personality development of the children.
d. To gain the constructive feedback from the parents and get their advice on general improvement off the college.
e. To provide opportunity to the parents to develop an understanding of the ward’s learning styles, behaviors and responses.
SCOPE OF INFULENCE
3. The PTA and individual members of the Association will work together for betterment of the students. However, the PTA or any member of this association shall not intervene in daily affairs of the college. In addition, the parents – members of the Association shall not communicate directly with the teacher (s)/staff of the college without the prior permission from the Principal Bahria College Islamabad.
PARENTS’ INVOLVEMENT IN DIFFERENT ACTIVITIES
4. Parents may be involved in different activities with their children as mentioned below:
a. They may be invited in different occasions and they can contribute in different ways. For example, if a parent is a doctor, he/she can be invited for a short lecture for his/her ward’s class on different health related topics like cleanliness, medical problems and healthy food etc.
b. The parents with creative skills may be invited to facilitate the teacher in making hand make class room materials in order to decorate the class. This procedure of getting parents in loop for different activities and tasks will establish an association amongst parents, teachers, children and school administration.
c. Parents can be invited on Mother’s Day/Father’s Day and special activities can be planned for them to strengthen bondage between parents and the College.
d. Selected parents may be invited during assembly timings and they can deliver motivational talks and share their success stories
e. A Class-Wise meeting can be arranged with the teachers and parents at the end of each term for sharing progress report of their children.
5. Composition of Parents–Teacher Association is as under: